[kictanet] Public Notice by CBK on Virtual Currencies

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed Dec 16 11:18:34 EAT 2015

Ali, you have got that fact correctly. Preserving public interest.

Back to Barrack's question. What would happen if bitPesa went under the
Imperial bank way? That would leave depositors high and dry. I think the
spirit of Central Bank's memo is, we cannot guarantee depositors any
protection. What CBK can do is have cryptocurrency operators give a
collateral that can be used to repay clients in the unlikely eventuality
the companies go under.

Regards
On Dec 16, 2015 9:31 AM, "Ali Hussein via kictanet" <