[kictanet] Public Notice by CBK on Virtual Currencies

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:16:09 EAT 2015

@ Ali, The assumption we are working with is that CBK is a bunch of party
poopers way behind on the tech trends. The Bitcoin market is beyond the
CBKs control. MPesa wasnt. Mpesa was a threat to banks not to CBK. They
dealt in Kenya shillings and held the money in a local bank account.

Bitcoin may prevail in the end but I think for CBK control is key. Afterall
if its controlled by a foreign government and they decide to ransom you
what can you do?

--
Regards,

Mark Mwangi