[kictanet] Wi-Fi users in cafes, matatus face CCTV cameras tracking [feedly]

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Dec 14 11:53:49 EAT 2015

I noticed in many developed countries, users of public WIFI are
required to provide some basic information about themselves using a
captive portal. Whether they provide the correct biodata is another
issue.

I'm not sure we should always water down government attempt to provide
a safe environment for it's citizens.

Why don't we be part of the solution and try to give suggestions on
how to implement proper safeguards, while of-course at the same time
ensuring the important issue of human rights and cost is taken into
consideration.

Regards

https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com

>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and
>> development.

>> online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and
bandwidth,

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh

The best athletes never started as the best athletes.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky.
I will persist until I succeed - Og Mandino.