[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Looking for help spreading word about Kathy Brown's WSIS+10 and Internet security blog post

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 07:48:37 EAT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Dan York" <york at isoc.org>
Date: Dec 8, 2015 8:47 PM
Subject: [Internet Policy] Looking for help spreading word about Kathy
Brown's WSIS+10 and Internet security blog post
To: "Internet Policy External" <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

Internet policy list subscribers,

I'd greatly appreciate any help you all could give in spreading the word
about a blog post from Kathy Brown that we published today.

*This week* there are more negotiations happening in New York about the
WSIS+10 event and there are a number of governments seeking to have
governments play a larger role in Internet security discussions at the
expense of other stakeholder groups.  We published a blog post from Kathy
today talking about why we see the need for Internet security discussions
to involve ALL stakeholders and pointing out some of the work already
happening within the technical community:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2015/12/wsis10-and-challenge-securing-internet

If any of you are able to share that link with other people or other
communities, it would be greatly appreciated.  If you share links on social
networks, it can be found at:

https://twitter.com/internetsociety/status/674273607002943488
https://twitter.com/ISOCPolicy/status/674273607057444865
https://www.facebook.com/InternetSociety/posts/10153048729348239
https://plus.google.com/+InternetSociety/posts/1EP9qYRpuy4
https://www.linkedin.com/company/internet-society/comments?topic=6080040071300468736&type=U&scope=219986&stype=C&a=1A7i
https://www.reddit.com/r/internetgovernance/comments/3vy89w/wsis10_and_the_challenge_of_securing_the_internet/

The moment to attempt to influence the discussions is right now - and so
any assistance spreading the word would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society
Jabber: york at jabber.isoc.org
Skype: danyork   http://twitter.com/danyork

http://www.internetsociety.org/