[kictanet] Mpesa Migration

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Apr 21 13:48:49 EAT 2015

On 21 April 2015 at 09:47, Ali Hussein via kictanet <

> True that. Majority of users are in Kenya. For now. Would really be
> interesting to see how this affects the plans to go global especially if
> they want to tap into the remittances business and Vodafone has global
> ambitions for Mpesa...

Ali, MPESA has gone global but not as a Safaricom product since the IP is
owned by Vodafone. MPESA is in India, South Africa, Tanzania, Afghanistan,
e.t.c.  I am not an IP expert, but forget Safaricom ever getting anything
out of it from the global market. Vodafone has that in their pockets.

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson