[kictanet] Kenya ranked high globally in eGovernment

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Mon Sep 8 10:54:34 EAT 2014

Happy birthday Ali!

As for the article, I only had time to skim it but sentences like these
make me wonder about the authors:

"The iTax platform <https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/> in Kenya has been
grossly underused by the public. KRA saw a high number turn out at its
offices once the iTax system was operational. Most people did not know how
to use the service and they needed assistance. It has now set up customer
service centres to help users."

The iTax platform didn't work and it was a ham-fisted deployment.  Did KRA
really just get ahead of the PR problem and convince IDG that this was a
user error???  If so, I'm impressed with their media outreach team.

-Adam

--
Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Ali Hussein via kictanet <