[kictanet] Konza Development Authority- CEO Vacancy

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 11:43:37 EAT 2014

Oops!

@James

You have suddenly made me feel very old - I had planned to apply but now you have given me another reason to leave the job to the owner :-)

regards.

walu.

 Subject: Re: [kictanet] Konza Development Authority- CEO Vacancy
 To: jwalu at yahoo.com
 Cc: aogaye at konzacity.go.ke
 Date: Monday, October 27, 2014, 11:18 AM

 Why do they always put such requirements
 like 10 years experience in Snr Management in Civil Service
 and so on?
 First of
 all, most of the recent technological developments we are
 seeing have taken place within less than 10 years....many
 who were acclimatizing to it were probablty just getting
 started in their jobs.
 The CEO of Facebook is 29 and has
 only about 10 years experience from startup to
 now.
 Whatsapp,
 Twitter, Youtube have also come up within that time
 frame,
 We must
 understand that some jobs call for vision, tech savvyness
 and ability to see great ideas from the get
 go.
 When guys like
 James Mworia - CEO - Centum at 32 now 37, Rene Meza, CEO
 Airtel Kenya at 31, Nyakeria, NIC Securities CEO at 27,
 Gachao Kiuna CEO TransCentury at 31 and so on have been
 entrusted with much bigger entities than this Konza, we
 really need to get out of this civil servant mentality of
 sijui 10 years experience in senior management in
 government,....experience doing what?
 Here we want to run with whizzkids
 coming out of Chiroma and Jkuat, Strath and eMobilis, green
 energy solutions that kina GE are bringing, Biotechnology,
 Genetics science, Forensics and so on,where the person at
 the top can engage at these levels.
 Tuwache mediocrity, open up this
 post to all Kenyans at home and abroad to apply, let the
 best win!!
 My two
 cents.
 James