[kictanet] [isoc_ke] The .ug debate: Is Re-delegation Necessary? Comparison with .ke

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:07:36 EAT 2014

Interesting discussion colleagues. What is very clear is that
innovation thrives in a multistakeholder environment. It is equally
becoming clear that multistakeholderism could mean different things to
different cultures and communities hence the need for a common
definition of the same. The Internet pioneers had a unique spirit
which resulted in the RFC 1591 and many other policy documents that
have seen the Internet permeate all spheres of our lives. Probably we
might require another RFC document that will act as a custodian of
this virtues in light of the present day challenges however what we
are currently facing are social challenges that can be addressed
through social engineering. All that is needed is willingness, honesty
and goodfaith.

Best Regards