[kictanet] ISACA Kenya Gets new Chair

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 11:31:35 EAT 2014

Listers,

Allow me to announce that one of our own (member of the list) Paul Roy Owino,  CISA was recently elected as the new Chair of the ISACA-Kenya Chapter community. Check out @

http://www.isaca.or.ke/home/boardmain/120-board-members-2014-2016.html
http://www.isaca.or.ke

Congrats to Paul Roy and I believe you can take the chapter to the next level.

And in light of the ongoing Regulatory public consultations, particularly bordering on electronic commerce/communication, it would be nice if the ISACA-Kenya Chapter submits to the regulator a position on some of the issues. Sometimes "industry" views tend to get a bigger weight than personal views - even though of course we know that sometimes industry view can be "bought" and so the regulator should not just dismiss personal views because they are personal :-)

walu.
NB: It seems ISACA-Kenya seems to be one of the few ICT professional associations in Kenya that have regular elections that actually leads to a change in leadership (KITOS, Computer Society, ICTAK - any comment? :-)