[kictanet] Licensing Framework for .ke

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Nov 27 15:35:32 EAT 2014

On 27 November 2014 at 14:47, Walubengo J via kictanet
<kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
> Anyway, here is snapshot of one of the clauses in the Regulations (2010) being applied now and I quote
>>>(2) A person shall not create a new sub - domain under the Kenya country code Top Level Domain without the approval of the >>Commission.
>
> Meaning that If I run the university mmu.ac.ke domain, and need to create a domain from our town branch as in town.mmu.ac.ke I have to run to my good friend the DG, Wangusi to grant me the permission. I am sure he will give me the permission but the bigger question is why should I ask?

Walu, I can un-authoritatively confirm here that the DG has been misquoted.
The domain is .ke and the subdomain is nrb.ke, co.ke, ac.ke,
county.ke. This is what should not be created without DG's permission.
Although that is not the norm since ccTLD policy the world over is
created through community PDP.
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
L: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lordmwesh
B: http://lord.me.ke/
T: twitter.com/lordmwesh

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk
on higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson