[kictanet] Licensing Framework for .ke

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 14:47:18 EAT 2014

@Ali,

Deja vu! (excuse my french :-)

I warned you guys many months ago @
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/Kenyas-Internet-Domain-Set-for-a-Shakeup-Part-II/-/1959700/2172042/-/kj8tmsz/-/index.html
or
@ http://tinyurl.com/l7o5ssl

Anyway, here is snapshot of one of the clauses in the Regulations (2010) being applied now and I quote
>>(2) A person shall not create a new sub - domain under the Kenya country code Top Level Domain without the approval of the >>Commission.

Meaning that If I run the university mmu.ac.ke domain, and need to create a domain from our town branch as in town.mmu.ac.ke I have to run to my good friend the DG, Wangusi to grant me the permission. I am sure he will give me the permission but the bigger question is why should I ask?

walu.