[kictanet] The burden of taxing ICTs

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Thu Nov 13 11:58:47 EAT 2014

Ahmed,

It is that we are at an infant stage in technological development, while a
few other countries are at the maturity stage. While we count our Facebook
/ Twitter users as technological achievement, a few countries are landing a
spacecraft 500Million KMs away on a comet.

So its no surprise that if we go head on with them, we will most certainly
lose.

I urge you to read a book such as this
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1843310279/qid=1030373453/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-6106433-7539046
which tries to explain how the rich countries got to where they are and
what they are doing to maintain the status quo.

A shorter version of this is found here
http://www.paecon.net/PAEtexts/Chang1.htm

Rgds