[kictanet] TV on the Mobile - The beginning

Jimmy Gitonga jimmy at ihub.co.ke
Tue May 27 14:25:21 EAT 2014

Hi Listers,

Once upon a time, while putting the National Broadband Strategy together, one of the envisaged uses for 4G was the ability to watch TV news of your choice live, while stuck in traffic, hopefully inside efficient public transport (don’t laugh).

The migration has not only began for digital TV off a set-top box, but also on a mobile device. Considering this is the first screen for most Africans, digital TV will migrate pretty fast onto the Mobile.

It has started off in the UK, and considering our Mobile use being more thorough, I expect us to begin considering this just as fast.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/05/21/tv_group_seeks_attractive_operators_for_mutual_action_replaysnow/