[kictanet] ITU signs IPv6 Coperation with AFRINIC

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed May 14 10:46:18 EAT 2014

It's a long time since WSIS (2005), and there has even been a Working Group
on enhance Cooperation (WGEC) setup in 2013. Article 69-71 of the Tunis
Agenda talks about enhanced cooperation.
http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/tunis/off/6rev1.html

69. We further recognize the need for enhanced cooperation in the future,
to enable governments, on an equal footing, to carry out their roles and
responsibilities, in international public policy issues pertaining to the
Internet, but not in the day-to-day technical and operational matters, that
do not impact on international public policy issues.

70. Using relevant international organizations, such cooperation should
include the development of globally-applicable principles on public policy
issues associated with the coordination and management of critical Internet
resources. In this regard, we call upon the organizations responsible for
essential tasks associated with the Internet to contribute to creating an
environment that facilitates this development of public policy principles.

71. The process towards enhanced cooperation, to be started by the UN
Secretary-General, involving all relevant organizations by the end of the
first quarter of 2006, will involve all stakeholders in their respective
roles, will proceed as quickly as possible consistent with legal process,
and will be responsive to innovation. Relevant organizations should
commence a process towards enhanced cooperation involving all stakeholders,
proceeding as quickly as possible and responsive to innovation. The same
relevant organizations shall be requested to provide annual performance
reports.
Regards
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh