[kictanet] ITU signs IPv6 Coperation with AFRINIC

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 15:54:08 EAT 2014

----start--
The International Telecommunication Union today signed a letter of intent with the African Network Information Centre (www.AFRINIC.net) on the promotion of IPv6. The letter of intent seeks to establish a high-level framework of cooperation to carry out a number of activities to improve the implementation of IPv6, through the provision of technical assistance to African countries.

read more @

http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/bdt-director/Pages/News.aspx?ItemID=60

---cut--

Now that the big boys at ITU, Geneva have finally seen the light and are working with/through AfriNIC, I hope our  local boys (unfortunately, I never see the girls at CCK-top-level :-) will finally receive and pick the signal sooner rather than later.

I have always argued that to break into the Internet governance system, you got to do it from within the existing frameworks.

walu.