[kictanet] CCK & ISPs to Block of Websites?

Michael Murungi michaelmurungi at gmail.com
Fri May 9 13:15:22 EAT 2014

Dear Fiona & All
Thanks for a great conversation.
1. On this point: When liability of network content is placed on the
network operator as opposed to the network users what is there to protect
the users privacy if the the network operator proceeds to prey in the name
of protecting themselves from liability?  -  We need legislation protecting
intermediaries from liability (intermediary liability legislation) -
government is willing to pass this - it has made this promise in the
National ICT Masterplan - perhaps Tespok can convene a working
group/roundtable on this so that the position comes out well in the Data
Protection Law?

2. On reporting about any requests from government, we can perhaps learn
from the Trasparency Reports published by a number of tech companies:
- - https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/
 - https://transparency.twitter.com/
-http://transparency.verizon.com/us-data
-
http://www.microsoft.com/about/corporatecitizenship/en-us/reporting/transparency/

Kindest regards,
Michael M. Murungi

On 9 May 2014 12:50, Fiona Asonga via kictanet <