[kictanet] Digital Migration Appeal Court Ruling: COFEK Response

Harry Hare harry at africanedevelopment.org
Sat Mar 29 10:47:51 EAT 2014

Bwana Ogutu,

Like many in the list, I appear lost on what the federation considers to be a "win" for consumers. I haven't got a chance to read the ruling as delivered by the court and therefore using the snippets you provided in your post as context.

As a consumer in my own right, I feel this ruling has robbed me the right to consume content how I want it, when I want it and where I want it read Choice. As an industry player, the ruling is to say the least misguided, unconstitutional and out of touch with industry trends and international obligations.

So can you be kind enough to explain to us how the consumer has won in this case. Or did you confuse the consumer with COFEK and/or together with its partners the media owners? At this point I am completely confused who COFEK actually represents.

With Kind Regards
Harry