[kictanet] Digital Migration Appeal Court Ruling: COFEK Response

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Mar 28 21:56:31 EAT 2014

I like you sarcasm David.

A few questions!
1. Will CCK refund the millions they collected from licenses?
2. Are the few digital signal distributors now operating illegally?
3. What happens to Signet? Will it have to bid afresh for license like
the other players?
4. If PANG loses in it's new big for a licence, will it go the Yu way?
5. To what body will new players bid to get licenses? It seems CCK has
been rendered useless by the ruling.
6. What happens to those who bought subscription-only set-top boxes,
are they now in possession of e-waste?
7. To use this ruling as precedence, is CCK reconsidering in it's
"privatisation" of KENIC?

I see PANG and CCK going back to court. This is a battle that will be
settled in 2018.

Regards