[kictanet] Proposed Kictanet’s input into Kenya’s Draft Cyber Security Strategy

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 08:09:35 EAT 2014

Thanks Ali. Noted.

CC: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
From: ali at hussein.me.ke
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Proposed Kictanet’s input into Kenya’s Draft Cyber Security Strategy
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 03:32:15 +0300
To: ggithaiga at hotmail.com

Grace, Victor
Thanks for your input. The one thing that I would add is the mitigation of mass surveillance against the backdrop of international terrorism. Whilst this is an issue of personal freedom vis a vis the issue of national security we must have in place a mechanism to ensure that personal freedoms are not trampled on in the interest of individuals who clock the violations as necessary in the interest of national security.

Ali Hussein
+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113
Twitter: @AliHKassimSkype: abu-jomoLinkedIn: http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassimBlog: www.alyhussein.com

"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein
Sent from my iPad