[kictanet] ICANN Breakfast Meeting, March 31, Nairobi.

Bob Omondi omondibob at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 14:40:39 EAT 2014

Dear Listers,

I would like to invite you to a breakfast briefing organized by ICANN that
will take place in *Nairobi on March 31, 2014*. The meeting will take place
between *7.00 am - 10.00 am* at a venue to be announced later in the week

As you may be aware, in August 2012 ICANN announced a new approach to
Africa.
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-01aug12-en.htm
The Africa Strategy document was developed by an African working group
through a large consultation with the community.

It  is almost 2 years since the implementation of the strategy commenced.
Many other important developments have happened within ICANN and the
Internet ecosystem as a whole. We will take this opportunity to update you
on progress so far as well as listen to your views, ideas and queries as we
seek to work with you even more closely going forward.

The ICANN VP - Stakeholder Engagement for Africa, Mr. Pierre Dandjinou will
be in attendance.

Kindly let me know if you are planning to attend *by way of emai*l for
planning purposes. Thank you and I look forward to your attendance and
participation.

Regards
Bob Ochieng
ICANN