[kictanet] School laptop tender cancelled

Lawrence Njogu lnjogu at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 06:48:29 EAT 2014

News flash http://standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000106658&story_title=sh24-6b-school-laptop-tender-awarded-to-indian-firm-canclelled

How could they award a LARGE contract like this without doing due diligence? I can't imagine that they had not
reviewed the company financials thoroughly. It seems like the only selection criteria used was on cost basis. Even with these new developments, I still find it troubling that the review board
directed the tendering process to undertake fresh re-tendering and start from the Best And
Final Offer (Bafo) stage. This project needs to be scrapped all together...or redefine the objectives and approach.