[kictanet] And what would be our contribution to the Salary Pay-Cut Debate?

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Mon Mar 10 08:58:53 EAT 2014

Listers,

A bit off-the-cuff, but nevertheless, it affects us all, and maybe, we
could come up with a common proposal about the recent announcements that
the top guys are taking a payroll cut!

Now, if we are to spin this around, the amount of money that is going to be
left on the table, looked at as a % of the total salaries would will be
negligible.

Also, once this money is returned to general GoK cash pool it will just get
'eaten' the same way 30% of our total revenue collection gets 'eaten'.

I wonder, what if we are to propose some projects right around the whole
country, that could be funded by these 'refunded' monies?

Say we can collect Ksh5M / month from these refunds, this is enough money
that on a round-robin basis could be used to setup a computer lab in a
National School and I think the effect would be a lot more than returning
this money to the Ksh 1 Trillion Pool.

Mr Cabinet Secretary, would this work?
--
*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke