[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] Orange prepares to exit African Market?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Mar 6 10:57:44 EAT 2014

Barrack

I respectfully disagree.

The government can maintain an NSA ( I suspect they already do through NIS) type surveillance mechanism.

We must try and maintain as little government involvement in business as possible.

I have a sneaky suspicion that if Safaricom had remained with KP&TC it would have remained a 'Hole in the Wall' operation at Telcoms House opposite the Railway museum (apt maybe but certainly not beneficial to Kenya) instead of the colossus it has become touching almost every Kenyan life in one way or another.

Meanwhile, the geniuses who devised the split into Posta, Safaricom, Telkom Kenya and CCK deserve our respect and gratitude.

Regulation is where government belongs and despite everything I would say that CCK has by any measure been a good regulator.

Ali Hussein

+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113

"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein

Sent from my iPad