[kictanet] Yu acquisition proposal to regulator

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 09:33:50 EAT 2014

@Edith the reason it doesn't work here is because of arrogance or
incompetence by the competition. There is no reason as to why the small
players have not ganged up and built joint infrastructure like 3G networks
to rival Safaricom. I have always said hey should push for twin sim phones
to make space on peoples phones but the tend to think selling galaxy phones
will translate to profits.

Look at Orange. They should have a monopoly on the iPhone game but now
Safaricom sell iPhone too.

Airtel treat clients like they are doing hem a favour right from the
Kencell days. I don't know what Yu's strategy was.

@Dennis and @Ali I think this is a bad deal and the regulator shouldn't
allow it. It will further constrict choice and thus make a mockery of the
license grant in the first place.

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke