[kictanet] Security Situation in Kenya

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:30:22 EAT 2014

So we now distrust the Chinese based on the information offered by the
Americans who are running a worldwide spying program tapping just about
everyone? Lets not even get started on the back-doors installed in
equipment built by the Americans.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Matunda Nyanchama via kictanet <

> On this subject, it is curious that Safaricom's partner in the project is
> Chinese Telcom giant Huawei.
>
> Americans have reservations, apprehensive/suspicious Huwawei technology
> wrt spying. Here is an excerpt
>
> "U.S. House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers somewhat famously
> said <http://j.mp/ICrmay> last year that Huawei's products "cannot be
> trusted to be free of foreign state influence and thus pose a security
> threat to the United States and to our systems." The committee also
> released a report that accused Huawei of all kinds of bad behavior
> including bribery, corruption, and immigration violations. Huawei, of
> course, denied the claims
> <http://www.huawei.com/en/about-huawei/newsroom/press-release/hw-194454-hpsci.htm>
> ."
>
>  Full article Here.
> <http://gizmodo.com/accused-of-spying-huawei-ceo-says-company-is-exiting-1475628703>

> Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
> Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;
> <http://twitter.com/#%21/nmatunda>Skype: okiambe

> Manage your ICT risks! We are the experts you need! The trusted partners
> you deserve!
> Call: +1-888-587-1150 (Canada) +254-20-267-0743 (Kenya) or
> info at aganoconsulting.com
> Licensed by Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK)

> "The best revenge is massive success" - Frank Sinatra

> This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain
> confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s).
> Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
> notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the
> message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke