[kictanet] Universal Service Advisory Council appointed

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 08:48:41 EAT 2014

Dr. Rigia,

Mandate of the USAC is in the Kenya Communication Act(revised 2013).  In a nutshell the council will manage the mega-dollars (universal service funds) charged annually from telco/content providers.  The expectation is that this monies will be used to extend affordable teclo services to under-served (marginalized) areas across Kenya.  These areas include but not limited to (Semi-arid, slums, etc)

As for the background of the members - google is your friend :-)  Google tells me the Chair, Dr. Ngahu is the immediate past chair of the former ICT Board.

rgds,
walu.