[kictanet] Germany scours university data for tips to beat Brazil, coach says

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Wed Jul 9 09:58:13 EAT 2014

I like this ...

“*We’re very, very well-prepared and we’re looking forward to playing
Brazil*,”

The one team everyone would be wary of meeting is the one team they would
*love* to meet, and when they do, they thrash them totally...

Victory loves preparation....

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:49 AM, S.M. Muraya via kictanet <

> About Data Analytics :)
>
> http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0FC1I620140707?irpc=932
>
> Germany scours university data for tips to beat Brazil, coach says
>
> Mon, Jul 07 11:02 AM EDT
> [image: image]
>
> By Erik Kirschbaum
>
> SANTO ANDRE Brazil (Reuters) - That no European team has won any of the
> previous six World Cups in Latin America is not a daunting prospect for
> Germany as they head into Tuesday's World Cup semi-final against hosts
> Brazil, according to assistant coach Hansi Flick.
>
> Three-times World Cup winners Germany are confident that two years of
> meticulous university research combined with their own scouting and
> preparations for the conditions will give them an edge against five-times
> winners Brazil on their home turf.
>
> “We’re very, very well-prepared and we’re looking forward to playing
> Brazil,” Flick told reporters when asked about how Germany planned to ended
> the dominance of Latin American teams when playing in their own region.
>
> “We’ve been working on this project for the last two years and our entire
> system has been built up for that.”
>
> Germany are undefeated in Brazil but haven't had to face a Latin American
> team yet: their four wins were against Portugal, the United States, Algeria
> and France with a draw against Ghana.
>
> Major European rivals such as Spain, Italy and England have already been
> beaten or knocked out by South American teams.
>
> Flick said to get ready for South American teams Germany have benefited
> from a giant data base put together by a team of about 50 students at
> Cologne’s sport university over the last two years.
>
> That information, combined with scouting reports, has been used for
> detailed analyses of Brazil and their players.
>
> “The sports students in Cologne have been studying in great detail our
> opponent and put every play they’ve run, every newspaper article on them,
> and everything about them out there under the microscope and made all that
> data available to us,” Flick said at Germany’s base camp on the Atlantic
> coast in Northeastern Brazil.
>
> “We’ve got this enormous data base to draw upon and, together with our
> scouts, we’re able to take a close look at our opponent and make our plans
> for the match. It’s a project we’ve been working on intensively for the
> last two years. We’ve been able to cull some very high quality information
> from all the data from the students. It’s very much helped us prepare.”
>
> Germany have been turning to the student researchers at the Deutsche
> Sporthochschule Koeln increasingly over the last decade. Former Germany
> coach Juergen Klinsmann first began tapping the data accumulated by the
> students, most of whom are soccer enthusiasts and thrilled to be working on
> a project that could possibly help, even in a small way, to win the World
> Cup.
>
> While the students are sworn to secrecy about their intelligence
> [...]

*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke