[kictanet] Reminder: Invitation to the Kenya IGF to be held on 3rd July 2014 at Strathmore University.

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Jul 1 20:00:45 EAT 2014

The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) has brought together people from
government, private sector, technical community, academia and civil society
to discuss Internet governance issues on an equal basis through an open and
inclusive process at a series of annual meetings since 2008 in an informal
setting, free from binding negotiations.

This type of cooperative engagement is usually referred to as the
multistakeholder model of Internet Governance, which is one of the key
features for the Internet's success. This model is paramount to ensure that
the Internet remains sustainable for economic and social development
The IGF is a unique platform for all stakeholders to openly exchange
perspectives and concerns on key issues that may affect the future of the
Internet for millions of Kenyans. Issues dealt by the IGF include: Privacy,
Digital content, Human rights, and Interconnection.

Every year, we organize the Kenya IGF in partnership with other
stakeholders to address key Internet issues. The theme for this year's IGF is
Connecting Counties for Enhanced Multistakeholder Internet Governance.

Event Venue: Strathmore University, Ole Sangale Road
Event website: http://kenyaigf.or.ke/
Registration page: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-kenya-internet
-governance-forum-tickets-11801018163?aff=es2&rank=0

We are pleased to invite you to this national event. Please feel free to
contact us for any clarifications; we look forward to seeing you at the IGF
.

Yours Sincerely,

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
Secretary, ISOC Kenya.

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson