[kictanet] KENIC Board Statement on dot.KE

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Fri Jan 31 13:37:31 EAT 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for sharing. On what basis does the Chairman of KENIC claim that
"KENIC is the best suited entity to continue operating and managing ...."?
Who was this consultant and how was he or she sourced? Was he or she paid
and if yes by whom? When KENIC says it is the "best" who are the lesser ones
that were being compared to it? KENIC is a monopoly under Cap 504,
Competition Act and must be declared as such. It is also single-sourced in
an opaque manner. KENIC should opened to a regulated competition. CAK and
Government must get out of KENIC fast and swift in the consumer interest.

Kind regards,

Japheth

Japheth Ogutu

Program Officer

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK)

Meky Place, Block F-45

Ngong Road/Ring Rd Kilimani Junction

P.O Box 28053-00200, City Square, NAIROBI, Kenya

Tel. 254-20-2615496, 2300859 Fax. 254-20-3861719; Cell phones: 0715555550,
0770700007

E-mail: hotline at cofek.co.ke

Website: www.cofek.co.ke

Facebook: "Consumers Federation of Kenya (Cofek)"

Twitter: @ConsumersKenya YouTube: "ConsumersKenya"

13th December 2012 -  President Kibaki assents to the Consumer Protection
Act, 2012 Read it here:
http://www.cofek.co.ke/Consumers%20Protection%20Act%202012.pdf