[kictanet] UK government plans switch from Microsoft Office to open source

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 11:42:24 EAT 2014

Evans,

Was wondering when you would post the article :)

Apparently, for over 10 years now, the UK Gov has tried and failed make
users accept FOSS.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/29/5356982/uk-goverment-threatens-to-ditch-microsoft-office-again

Loss of productivity is a vital consideration in some nations. Maybe Open
Office needs to improve?

Regards

Murigi / Stanley Muraya

*"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one
who takes a city." Prov 16:32*