[kictanet] U.S. $ 140 million investment in local startups by Kenyan government

Peter Wakaba peterwakaba at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:53:49 EAT 2014

we have a multitude of 'funds'. Hard to track because they reincarnate
every year, change with every government, rebrand, shift from one ministry
to another... are positioned to do one thing at creation and morph into
other things.... then disbursement is countrywide through, so called line
mininstries, so each allocation goies into a certain ministry's budget....
i am hoping you get teh picture...

They fund everything from kiosks, to farmactivity to mobile software
development