[kictanet] Paypal has arrived

elusega at gmail.com elusega at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 17:26:31 EAT 2014

----------
Sent from my Nokia

------Original message------
From: Adam Nelson <adam at varud.com>
To: "Edward" <elusega at gmail.com>
Cc: "KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions" <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
Date: Monday, January 20, 2014 4:09:27 PM GMT+0300
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Paypal has arrived

This has been available for some time but apparently is a pretty terrible
implementation with long delays, bad fee structure, etc...

The money has to go through South Africa because of anti-terrorism laws in
place against Kenyan banks apparently (other people on this list and
Skunkworks have detailed the issues before).

--
Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>