[kictanet] U.S. $ 140 million investment in local startups by Kenyan government

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Mon Jan 20 15:30:41 EAT 2014

Robert,

Welcome back.

Now to put this into perspective, Kenyan Startups received in funding
approx Ksh ***12, 000, 000, 000*** in 2012. Is there, maybe, a different
numberline that us old - hackers were not taught in school?

Rgds

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hoping that you have all started the year well and in a changing spirit, I
> had a tech free 3 weeks and feel very refreshed.
>
> As we started the year a friend shared the the statistic above with me
> does anyone on this list know which startups received this money as it
> would be good to see how it has helped them and the impact it has had on
> the economy.
>
> Regards
>
> [image:
> http://startupbrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/NAIROBI-infographic-1.jpg]
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd
> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
> Kenya
>

> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke