[kictanet] Net Neutrality and why it looks like nobody (apart from the usual suspects) cares about it

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 02:27:54 EAT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM, ICT Researcher
<ict.researcher at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Its the begining of Internet fragmentation and they started it, not rest of
> the world.

It is nowhere near the beginning of fragmentation.  That started long ago.

 And opportunity for (an)other powers to assume previous US
> internet leadership?

Why would any single nation state presume to be a leader.  The
Internet has moved us well past the Westpahalian nation-state model.

What this decision means is still in doubt, the court’s decision
wasn’t based on a belief that net neutrality itself is a bad thing,
but a view that the FCC implemented its rules in a legally
questionable way.

It will be appealed and/or the FCC will re-classify ISPs so the rules
won't be legally questionable anymore...but as an ICT Researcher, you
probably know that.

--
Cheers,

McTim