[kictanet] Launch of the Dot Africa Government Reserved Names List (RNL) Policy

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Jan 13 13:34:04 EAT 2014

Eric

1. How is Nairobi Hospital, Uchumi, Daily Nation, Taifa Leo, Kenya Commercial Bank Government names? Am I missing something?

2. Kudos to whoever is behind this that we are recognizing our digital assets. It's gratifying to see the Government cognizant of the fact that the land grab has moved online..

3. Lets also ensure we don't go overboard in grabbing names that then sit somewhere in a government digital shelf and not do anything about it..I suspect for example that Kalenjin.africa is an afterthought otherwise someone may say why not kikuyu.africa? Or Orma.africa or how about Mazrui.africa? Just saying...:)

Well done Eric for the effort.

Ali Hussein

+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113

"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein

Sent from my iPad