[kictanet] Digital Migration: business opportunities

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 15:45:53 EAT 2014

"I have argued in a previous post that content will be the winner. There
will be companies whose business is to produce content e.g community
theatres, schools, etc You have a choice to either distribute or sell
this content or you can give it to another company to distribute it for
you, think of the middle men.
For instance, we could decide as a village to produce a cooking show,
 then sell it to either the media houses or through an intermediary. It
will depend on capital outlay and negotiation skills. If your core
business is production, you can leave distribution to other companies
that have sharks and vulture like characters to maximize the profits.

Remember, CCK says 60% has to be local content, where do you think the media will get this content? Lets get to work "

What are these opportunities?

1. Software development
2. Content generators/distributors
3. Media personalities, owners etc