[kictanet] Just a thought

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sun Jan 5 13:02:30 EAT 2014

Waithaka, you would be jobless if you were not solving digital problems :-)

To follow up on Dr. Ndemo's timely observation, a new law has been put
in place and will take effect by June where
1. All PSVs must implement cashless paymeny system for bus fare
2. All PSVs to be fit with fleet management systems where overspeeding
will be checked from system logs, not on speed cameras
3. All PSVs to have surveillance cameras to reduce carjackings and petty crimes.

This will see Beba Pay and Mpesa fight for supremacy. I'm keen to see
what card Safaricom has on it's deck. This is a great opportunity for
payment system innovators to comeup with exciting products, and also
for fleet management system companies to have regular work. The
commuter on the other hand will dig dipper in his pockets to pay for
the services.

And finally, the government has a way of collecting taxes on the Ksh
250Billion industry

http://mobile.nation.co.ke/business/New-law-on-technology-to-transform-PSV-sector/-/1950106/2134508/-/format/xhtml/-/5hut8qz/-/index.html

This development deserves a new thread, which I'm starting.