[kictanet] Malawi switches to digital television

Mutua, Muthusi Mutua at cck.go.ke
Sun Jan 5 12:52:07 EAT 2014

It is true there are still people who don't know the difference between Free-to-air set top boxes and Pay-TV ones. CCK has carried out substantial consumer education on the issue as part of Digital Migration publicity but no doubt there is still room for more information on this and other aspects of the subject.

Indeed, even the interaction on this space has enriched the campaign. CCK has not terminated the campaign yet but are engaged in various other forums to reach as many people as possible. Some of the ideas coming through here will be considered to enhance this publicity.

For those who can remember, one of the TV channels opposed to the migration has consistently told its viewers that digital migration means all TV owners will have to be paying Ksh. 5000 monthly to continue accessing programmes! In fact, I will not be surprised this is one of the sources of the misconception that are affecting this process.