[kictanet] 3 Media houses protest Majanja's Digital Migration Ruling

Lawrence Njogu lnjogu at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:02:12 EAT 2014

Mark - you are right on the money !

Happy new year

Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 16:30:43 +0300
From: mwangy at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [kictanet] 3 Media houses protest Majanja's Digital Migration	Ruling
CC: cpa at cck.go.ke; kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
To: lnjogu at hotmail.com

I am of the opinion that we locals love complaining to some amorphous creature we call the govt.

Most other places the private sector spends truckloads of cash lobbying the politicians and bureaucrats for favourable policies. Seeing as they are the biggest taxpayers anyway this is understood.

That there is corruption involved is obvious. However corruption is a system that can be used for their benefit. Why the media did not win the second license is more of their incompetence than an act of sidelining by govt. Their combined financial might, being existing operators and govt contact should have made this a no brainer. But here we are asking for a 3rd license and in due time a 4th one will be 'demanded'.