[kictanet] Extension of the period for public consultation on the licensing framework for .ke name registry services

Wambua, Christopher Wambua at cck.go.ke
Fri Feb 7 13:05:40 EAT 2014

Listers,

On 10th January 2014, the Commission invited the public and stakeholders to give inputs on the proposed licensing framework for the dot KE name registry services.  We wish to thank listers and other interested parties who took their time to study the framework and to submit comments/input.

Most notably, one of the stakeholders pointed out an inadvertent error in the public consultation document where it was implied that the Dot KE Domain Name Registry would be transferred to a commercial entity.  The Commission has since reviewed the public consultation paper with a view to aligning it with the proposed licensing framework.

In light of the said changes, CCK hereby wishes to extended the public consultation period up to 17th February 2014 (i.e. by a further 7 days).  The revised consultation documents are available at www.cck.go.ke/links/consultations/current.html<http://www.cck.go.ke/links/consultations/current.html>

Comments may be submitted via cctld at cck.go.ke<mailto:cctld at cck.go.ke>   . We look forward to receiving more comments/input on the proposed licensing framework for the dot KE name registry services.

Best regards

Christopher Wambua
Manager - Communications
Consumer and Public Affairs Department