[kictanet] CCTV to replace traffic police in Nairobi from March 2014

Harry Hare | African eDevelopment Resource Centre harry at africanedevelopment.org
Thu Feb 6 09:06:50 EAT 2014

Interesting pieces here, though I should share!

Harry
Subscribe to CIO East Africa MagazineSubscribe
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888988>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1888989>
Featured News
View More
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888990>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1888991> CCTV to replace traffic police in Nairobi from March 2014
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888992> Nairobi roads and roundabouts will no longer be manned by traffic
police as has been the case over the years following the installation of
CCTV cameras on traffic lights that will monitor and control traffic.read
more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888993>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1888994> Mobile East Africa 2014 set for Nairobi from February 12 ­ 14
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888995> Mobile East Africa 2014, the fourth East African edition of the
interactive mobile-focused event, returns to Nairobi¹s Southern Sun Mayfair
Hotel from February 12 ­ 14, 2014.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888996>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1888997> Tracing the roots of M-PESA
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888998> With 18.2 million customers and currently contributing up to 43% of
Kenya¹s GDP, M-PESA has been seen as a disruptive innovation that threatens
incumbent businesses as well as sparking new businesses and
entrepreneurship.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
888999>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889000> Take a look back at your Facebook history
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889001> In marking its tenth anniversary, Facebook has come up with a new
feature that creates personalized videos highlighting users¹ top content
since they joined the social network.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889002>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889003> Satya Nadella named Microsoft CEO, Gates out as Chairman
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889004> It's official: Satya Nadella is the new CEO of Microsoft, and Bill
Gates will become his technology mentor.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889005>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889006> Microsoft to support five startups under innovation grant program
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889007> Microsoft under the 4Afrika initiative will offer financial support
to five African start-ups in an effort to empower the next generation of
developers and entrepreneurs in the continent.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889008>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889009> Liquid Telecom acting CEO Roberts speaks out on turning around East
African operations
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889010> It's been a long road to solvency for the Altech Groups' former East
African holdings, which have been part of Liquid Telecom since last April.

read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889011>
Best Analysis & Opinions
View More
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889012>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889013> FAQ: The Microsoft leadership change
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889014> Microsoft's new CEO Satya Nadella has taken charge, but that's not
the only thing new with the company's power structure.
Here are a few questions and answers about the leadership change.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889015>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889016> 10 things you need to know about Satya Nadella, Microsoft's new CEO
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889017> At long last, after much searching, a flood of whispered rumors, and
more than a little journalistic hand-wringing, Microsoft has found its new
CEO: Satya Nadella.
Wait, who?

Unless you're a diehard Microsoft observer, the name probably doesn't ring a
bell. That won't do. So who is the man who now becomes Microsoft's guiding
light for the foreseeable future? Here are the 10 most important things you
need to know about Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889018>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889019> New CIOs need at least two years to take charge, research finds
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889020> Some CIOs are not given enough time to fully take control of their
role when they start a new job, research has found.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889021>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889022> How Nokia's fake Windows phone could save the real one
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889023> Something very interesting is going on at Nokia: The company
apparently believes that the look, feel, and underlying services of the
Microsoft Windows Phone operating system may be more important than, well,
the OS itself.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889024>

IT Jobs
View More
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889025>
Expert in MS SharePoint (MOSS) with Silverlight
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889026>
Details
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889027>
AX Techno Functional Professional
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889028>
Details
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889029>
Software Project Manager
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889030>
Details
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889031>
WANTED - Chief Information Officer (CIO) - Confidential Search
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889032>
Details
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889033>
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889034>
Latest Blog
9 free tools that make Windows much better
Windows is packed to the rafters with features, many of them great--and
others, just meh. Luckily, there are free alternatives that are more
powerful, more efficient, and take only minutes to install. Read on, and
we'll show you 9 built-in features of Windows that aren't up to snuff, and
the free software you can use to replace them.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889035>
Simplify your app selection
Every time I read about a new Mac or iOS app in a category I use, I think to
myself, "Oh, cool. That could save me some time and effort." I download the
app and try it out, but more often than not, I quickly conclude that my
previous solution was just as good, and leave the new app sitting unused.
>From then on, whenever I see the app, I feel a vague, low-level anxiety. But
still I accumulate more apps, and the cycle repeats.read more >
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889036>

More Blogs
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889037>

CIO Monthly Events
More Events
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889038>

Connect with us
 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889039>
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889040>
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889041>

 <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/
1889042>

If you received this email from a friend and would like to subscribe to this
or other
CIO/East Africa e-newsletters, click here
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/77375/347904/80091187/1
889043> .Unsubscribe <*|UNSUB|*>
Click the unsubscribe link above to be removed from our email program

Unsubscribe
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/public/contacts/unsubscribe/VYMdwXT9
VzVPiotP/cLePLTHkSUBX5cx5/b13f9dd2efa0c935>  | Update profile
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/public/contacts/update-my-profile/cL
ePLTHkSUBX5cx5/b13f9dd2efa0c935>  | View PDF
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/public/messages/print-pdf/VYMdwXT9Vz
VPiotP/cLePLTHkSUBX5cx5/b13f9dd2efa0c935>   | Pause subscription
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/public/contacts/pause-subscription/V
YMdwXT9VzVPiotP/b13f9dd2efa0c935>
Email powered by
   <http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/servlet/link/enterprise>
CIO East Africa is intended for opt in communication only. If you feel this
email is unsolicited please report it
<http://newsletters.demoafrica-mail.com/public/contacts/complaints/VYMdwXT9V
zVPiotP/cLePLTHkSUBX5cx5/b13f9dd2efa0c935>  to us.