[kictanet] The Securities laws amendment bill 2014 and it's impact on ICT

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:29:10 EAT 2014

Many thanks Mwendwa,

As a nation we are currently in reaction mode. Kenya has been one of
the most liberal nations when it comes to things online, it appears
this might change in light of the major security challenges we are
facing. My thinking is if technology is used/deployed  correctly , we
will be able to resolve most of the challenges we are facing. That
said we have systemic challenges that are human resource related which
need to be resolved. I say this with the understanding that technology
is a just a tool (means to an end).

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno