[kictanet] Digital Migration stride as StarTimesKenya and GoTvKenya significantly drop in STB pricing

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Fri Dec 5 16:34:46 EAT 2014

Dear Listers,

We are pleased to update you as follows;

1.    GoTvKenya has lowered their pay-tv decoders to Sh1,799 and a 2 months
free access ahead of the December 31, 2014 digital migration for Nairobi .
http://www.cofek.co.ke/index.php/14-news/899-startimeskenya-announces-major-
drop-in-the-cost-of-set-top-boxes-as-digitalmigration-beckons

2.    StarTimes has lowered its pay-tv decoder to Sh199 and monthly
subscription to Sh149 for the lowest bouquet .
http://www.cofek.co.ke/index.php/14-news/897-gotvkenya-drops-decoder-pricing
-to-sh1-799-from-sh3-399-as-digital-migration-finally-gathers-storm

>From next week, we will commence various consumer sensitization forums with
different partners. We request those of you with IEC material on digital
migration - especially various case studies, across the world, to share with
us asap. Thank you.

Kind regards,

David Kedode

www.cofek.co.ke