[kictanet] LTE in Rwanda, TZ, UG

Phares Kariuki pkariuki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:51:05 EAT 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM, S.M. Muraya via kictanet <

> http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240226288/Cabinet-Office-COO-Stephen-Kelly-takes-Sage-Group-CEO-role

Just a note that the local argument applies all around. I agree with you
Murigi. For this simple reason - for any product or service there can be a
superior external alternative. We can't write off entire industries in .ke
by saying that we don't have competence. It's upon us to consume said
services and build the industries. Works across the board e.g. For System
Integrators, one can argue lack of capital/capacity, buy from MNC's such as
IBM. For software developers, same argument applies, you can outsource to
India. For Web Development etc, you can go to 99 Designs. At some point, we
as Kenyans have to consume the very IT services we hope to one day export.

There's competence, there's capacity, there's demand for local ICT
services.

--
Warm Regards,

Phares Kariuki