[kictanet] Quality or Quantity: what should be our national technology metric?

Mbugua Njihia mbugua.njihia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:50:06 EAT 2014

The market says that there is a skills gap as we slowly try to transition
to a knowledge first economy that places a premium on technical skills to
serve the data driven marketplace. There is no one currently with their
finger on the pulse on the exact need since no hard data has been collected
on the same.

The government on the other side of the spectrum has committed Ksh. 2.5
billion towards the construction of at least sixty technical institutes and
has been running the flagship Uwezo Fund targeted at youth, women and
persons with disability capitalized at Ksh. 6 billion and about 5.35
billion approved for disbursement for the current financial year.

​Is this a case of wrong KPI's? | More here -
http://www.mbuguanjihia.com/business/quality-quantity-national-technology-metric.html