[kictanet] What is the Kenyan position on global Internet governance?

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed Apr 30 09:37:45 EAT 2014

Walu, you have forgotten Internet Society. Should we pull up our socks
in being more visible? :) ISOC is the formost organisation that is
responsible for Internet policy and standards development (Read IETF),
and advocacy and reach of Internet to all corners of the globe
especially the global south. ISOC Kenya has more members than some of
the mentioned institutions. Furthermore, ISOC Kenya together with
Kictanet and other partners is the convenor of the Kenya Internet
Governance forum.

For those who went to Brazil, I would be keen to know how the Kenyan
Government was represented. I saw some government ministers from
several African counties give opening remarks.

What do you mean by "the owner of the Internet is ICANN?" As I
understand, the Internet is made up of Interconnected networks, with
hosts and unique identifiers. The unique identifiers do not constitute
the Internet on their own.

Best