[kictanet] U.S.: Stop using Internet Explorer until security holes are fixed

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:44:00 EAT 2014

Well put Walu. This is the strategic dilemma of using closed source
proprietary software. I am sure the lessons that Russia learns from this
will inform other governments that you are only as free as the technology
that you use.

Evans

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Walubengo J via kictanet <

> ####snip#####
>
> The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team, a part of Homeland
> Security known as US-CERT, said in an advisory released on Monday morning
> that the vulnerability in versions 6 to 11 of Internet Explorer could lead
> to "the complete compromise" of an affected system.
>
> read more
>

> http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/technology/chi-microsoft-explorer-security-flaws-20140428,0,4797833.story
>
> ########snip#####
>
> Funny - I keep feeling that the US Gov KNEW about this hole for many years
> :-)
>
> Meanwhile, use the Internet Explorer browser only if you think you have
> nothing important to lose. No wonder President Putin has been a worried man
> and wants to move his staff back to typewriters :-)
>
> walu.

Ikua,*
lanetconsulting.com,
lpi-eastafrica.org,