[kictanet] Can technology solve terrorist problems in Kenya?

James Rut jamesruteere at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 08:10:03 EAT 2014

The big problem with some of our institutions is lack of competent staff. The police leads the way followed by the County of Nairobi. The problem can be seen by how they operate. The police bosses are paid to think strategically but do they have the capacity to do that? During the vetting one senior officer heading a very important docket could not understand what is a policy when asked what policy they use on their day today operations

The issue of corruption can not be erradicated because the bosses dont know how to go about it. I have the view that these bosses should be prosecuted for causing unnecessary deaths to junior officers and the public for their inaction or poor strategies employed in fighting crime.

The policy should be changed to allow outsiders to get into our enforcement agencies and do away with this issue of rising through the ranks to head these institutions.