[kictanet] Can technology solve terrorist problems in Kenya?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:38:05 EAT 2014

Mwendwa,

Our biggest challenge in achieving vision 2030 is in the Social and
Political pillar. We need a concerted effort that will ensure that we
are a value driven society, this is the only way we will tame social
vices that have resulted in the current mess we are in. That said it
can be done.
Technology is a means to an end not an end in itself.

Best Regards

On 4/15/14, Crystal Watley Kigoni <crystal at voicesofafrica.org> wrote:
> If anyone recalls I asked for assistance in 2011 to build a database of all
> the refugees in the country with distributed points of registration
> starting in the camps. I wrote to Ndemo who was PS at the time and the idea
> was ignored.
>
> IT can change a lot, but it requires real effort and implementation. Good
> ideas alone are not enough.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Crystal Watley Kigoni
> http://tz.linkedin.com/pub/crystal-kigoni/<http://ke.linkedin.com/pub/crystal-kigoni/>
> http://www.voicesofafrica.org
> Twitter: @VoicesofAfrica
> https://www.facebook.com/VOA4SD
>
> +255686247626
>

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Mwendwa Kivuva <
> Kivuva at transworldafrica.com> wrote:
>
>> Government to register all Kenyans afresh in digital database
>>
>> http://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/Digital-database-for-all-kenyans/-/1950946/2279712/-/format/xhtml/-/uityfn/-/index.html
>>
>> I've always wondered why it's virtually impossible to get UK or US
>> citizenship through the back door, unless you get into a phony
>> marriage with a delinquent from those countries. Will setting up a
>> biometric database prevent rogue employees at the department of
>> registration from getting bribes to register foreigners as Kenyan
>> citizens? As far as I can remember, when I applied for the kipande,
>> all my 10 digits' prints were taken.
>>
>> --

>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and
>> development.

>> online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and
>> bandwidth,

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254-20-2498789