[kictanet] Digital Migration Appeal Court Ruling: COFEK Response

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Wed Apr 2 15:10:52 EAT 2014

Dear Mr Kioko,

I am directed by the Cofek Secretary General to respond to you as follows;

First, to thank you most sincerely for pointing COFEK in this direction.
Second, to inform you that we have been working with our partners which
partners are already in Court over the matter. We are also following up on
the potential abuse of and on quality and windfall for speed governors
importers. We could not have updated you on this list as our understanding
is that it is restricted to ICT issues. If you need to be subscribed to all
Cofek updates, please make a request to: hotline at cofek.co.ke

Third, and on ICT, Justice David Majanja is expected to give directions on
the Cofek petition no. 144 of 2014 against irregular appointment of ICTA CEO
contrary to the stipulated process. We will update later.

We thank you and other listers for keeping us on our toes. Thank you.

Japheth Ogutu

FOR: SECRETARY GENERAL

www.cofek.co.ke